Updating the theme in WordPress
How it Works
First, make sure you have the Envato Market plugin properly installed and activated.
This plugin can install WordPress themes and plugins purchased from ThemeForest by connecting with the Envato Market API using a secure OAuth personal token.
Once your themes & plugins are installed WordPress will periodically check for updates, so keeping your items up to date is as simple as a few clicks.
- Before anything else, go to this site and log in to your Envato Account.
- Generate an Envato API Personal Token by clicking this link.
- Name the token eg “My WordPress site”.
- Ensure the following permissions are enabled:
- View and search Envato sites.
- Download your purchased items.
- List purchases you’ve made.
- Agree to the terms and click on the “Create Token” button. Copy the generated token.
- From the WordPress Admin Dashboard go to Envato Market Plugin and paste your token in the field where it says “Enter your Envato API Personal Token”.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.
- A list of purchased Themes & Plugins from Envato Market will appear.